Fibre Reinforced Plastic
Stainless Steel (316)
Fire Retardant Foam
Reinforced Nylon Laminated Neoprene
Heavy Duty Cordura Laminate (Optional)
Seating Heights (deck to seat pan):
Low: 700 mm (27.5″)
Medium: 750 mm (29.5″)
High: 800 mm (32.0″)
Base Width: 250 mm (10.0")
Base Length: 480 mm (19.0")
STROKE: 150 mm (6″).
Without Base: 16.5 kg (36 lbs)
With Base: 24 kg (53 lbs)
Suspension seat designed to fit in limited spaces.
The Ullman Compact Jockey Seat is designed to protect the crew and passengers of high speed craft from injury.
The seat design optimises body posture while the Ullman semi active progressive shock mitigation system takes care of the high forces during impact.
The Ullman Compact Jockey Seat has a lower backrest and shorter saddle sides for lateral support in a straddling position, compared to its siblings Biscaya and Patrol. The lower, narrower seat design allows for installation in limited space and gives excellent comfort and support. To further improve seating geometry the Compact seat includes a top handle manufactured of stainless steel (316) that gives support for passengers standing or sitting behind the seat. A zipped neoprene pouch for gear is located on the rear of the backrest.
The entire Ullman marine seating range is made from all non-corrosive materials, all fully compliant with the toughest military specifications. The water resistant upholstery is designed for use on open boats in extreme conditions. Each seat is delivered with UV-protected Weather Protection Covers.
The Ullman Jockey Seat Compact is available on the Ullman GRP bases in three different heights. Optional accessories includes Adjustable Damper, Footrests, Armrests, Lateral supports, Front Seat Handles, Black PUR-Insulated Handles, Air Tech Lap Belt and Waterproof Hatches for gear stowage inside the seat base.
Compact Seat Features
- Designed to fit in limited spaces.
- Takes up no more space than the person seated in it.
- Horseshoe shaped handle – for passengers sitting or standing behind.
- Extra padding on front of backrest.
Common Features on all Ullman Jockey Seats
- Ullman Semi-Active Progressive Shock Mitigation System
- Handles and mitigates high forces during impact.
- Synergizes with human muscular reflex system.
- Reduce impact exposure by 76%
- Self-cooling, highly progressive damper.
- Seating Geometry
- Shaped to protect the operator from injuries in all conditions.
- Ensures optimal posture of body and spine to withstand impact.
- Activates the human natural reflex-based muscular protection system.
- Distributes impacts between arms and legs to protect back and neck.
- Self-adjusting height depending on weight. Lighter users sit higher.
- Extra Features
- Water and UV protective seat cover.
- Zipped neoprene pouch for gear on backside of backrest.
- 3 years Limited World Wide Warranty.
Videos - Compact
Accessory: Multi Bases 2.0 & 1.5
Bases that can be welded with aluminium plates or fibreglass.
These bases can be built to accommodate 1, 2 or more seats in line.
The 2.0 model has both seats completely mounted on top of the base.
The 1.5 model has the damper of the rear seat mounted on the back surface of the base.
Both models are allow very good storage space with hatches.
Accessory: Deck insert bolts
Insert bolts for mounting Ullman Jockey Seats on GRP deck.
Bolts fit flush to deck, no tripping hazard.
Allows for quick and easy removal of the seats and leaves nothing sticking out.
Outside thread: M20
Inside thread: M8
Accessory: Lap belt air tech
Where there is risk for capsizing, crews on cabin boats are recommended to use lap belts. This is to prevent head and neck injuries when a boat gets turned upside down. For open high-speed boats lap belts are recommended for the navigator seats. This enables the navigator to use both hands for navigation tasks.
Accessory: Insulation handles
Handles with thermal insulation can be fitted to any Ullman seat.
This polymer coating also gives a softer surface and higher friction than stainless steel.
It is very useful for cold climates and in situations where anti-glare is important.
Would you like us to contact you?
I am a French happy owner of a 23 feet RIB from Kelt, a Sea Hawk 225, which I use with my family in South Britanny, and at the same time seriously considering the acquisition of a larger RIB (probably from 26 to 29 feet). I have a very good relationship with my boat dealer, [...]